Privately Guided Safaris
What is a Private or Specialist Guide?
A private guide ties your safari itinerary together with the seamless expertise of an industry professional. It is their priority to tailor-make your safari experience, to host your party from start to finish, and to offer exceptional specialist knowledge in various fields throughout the journey.
Prior to a career as a private guide, these bush-loving men and women thrived as safari guides and rangers, honing their knowledge, developing their passion, and learning the best from the best. Tried and tested, well travelled, trusted and rewarded, Brett Horley is one of these top safari guides with a history of excellent guiding and hosting, trails expertise, and birding; all of which have been officially recognised by South Africa’s most esteemed organisations.
Over the last 12+ years, Brett has perfected his professional reputation through the achievement of Runner Up in 2015’s Safari Guide on the Year Award. Expert credentials in the field of birding and walking safaris. These achievements, along with Brett’s lifelong affair with the wild world, cross-border employment as a safari guide, and years of booking repeat clients, go beyond the essential elements of a Private Safari Guide.
Why use a Private or Specialist Guide?
This is a unique service designed to take all the logistical, administrative work out of arranging a safari. Private Guides offer advice, knowledge, and experience to first-time and repeat visitors, and provide an added element of stress-free holiday organisation to families with children in tow, and couples looking for an exclusive safari.
The benefits of having a Private Guide on board with your African travels are numerous:
- Your experience becomes an entirely customised safari, focusing on your specific interests, needs, and desires, making this often once-in-a-lifetime trip one well worth the wait.
- Your guide will take care of all liaisons with the parks, reserves, and safari lodges visited along the way, ensuring that every need from dietary requirements, to child care, disabilities, photography, astronomy, or birding interests are seamlessly seen to.
- Each game drive, walking safari, or canoeing excursion will offer something new after your Private Guide has filled your local ranger in on what you have seen/done and would still like to see/do.
- A Private Guide will offer insight into a variety of fields from wildlife, to scenery, cultures, landscapes, and people. This is an offering of a multidimensional safari experience.
- Your Private Guide will be your holiday planner, familiar face, personal safari expert, host, friend, entertainer, guide, and conservationist.
- You will learn more, experience more, and understand more about every safari sighting and African adventure you endure on your journey. Your photography will evolve, and your appreciation for the regions you visit will be enhanced tenfold.
- If you have children, a Private Guide will ensure a specifically tailored experience for their age and interest. Young people’s lives will be changed on safari and they will forever have a passion for the natural world in their hearts.
- A Private Guide offers you a deeper, more meaningful safari experience, where you learn more and leave with an understanding of the environment and conservation as a whole.