Buckler’s Africa Lodge
Buckler’s Africa Lodge offers luxury self-catering accommodation on the banks of the Crocodile River on the southern border of the Kruger National Park. Located just 6km from the Crocodile Bridge entrance to the park, this is the perfect place for self-driving families to settle in for school holidays and travel in and out of the popular southern section of the park.Enquire Now
Accommodation is in 16 well-appointed, thatched self-catering units positioned along the banks of the Crocodile River with views onto the Kruger Park. Standard of accommodation ranges from two-bedroomed family units, to superior rooms, and deluxe rooms and suites. All have stunning, high ceilings and modern finishes and each comes standard with a fully equipped kitchenette, spacious en-suite bathroom, air-conditioning, DSTV, patio, private braai facilities in an enclosed courtyard and access to the swimming pool. The self-catering facilities allow for little to no contact with lodge staff, in-house guests or public areas.
The spectacular wide-open lawns create a feeling of space and tranquillity – which is just the beginning of the Buckler’s experience. As you pass through the lodge you look directly over the river and often see spectacular wildlife sightings right at your doorstep. The authentic wild acoustics of lion, hippo and hyena offer a true African experience. For a closer brush with nature, private game drives can be arranged.
Private guided game drives and full day safaris can be booked at the lodge or guests can access the park on their own schedule in their own vehicles. In addition, there are a number activities to choose from as alternatives to the standard game drive safari experience.
- Tiger fishing on the Komati River – an adventurous sports fishing experience. Must book 24 hours in advance.
- Golf – there are two nine-hole courses (Skukuza and Kambaku) close to Buckler’s Africa Lodge with great views.
- Horseback safari – a unique experience in a wilderness area without the presence of vehicles.
- Microlight safari – an opportunity to get a bird’s eye view of the Kruger National Park in a short and sweet flight with a trained instructor.
- Sunset river cruise – Watch hippos, crocodiles and birds go by as you enjoy a picturesque sunset cruise along the Komati River.
- Spa treatments – there are a number of excellent day spas near Buckler’s Africa Lodge that can be recommended should you be looking for a relaxing treatment or two.
- Quad biking safari – a thrilling opportunity to venture into the bush on a four-wheeler with a trained guide to lead you.