Timbavati Walking Trail
Available all year round
3 or 4-Night authentic walking trail in the Timbavati Nature ReserveEnquire Now
What to Expect
The Brett Horley Safaris Timbavati Trails Camp is a no-frills, rustic camp in the heart of the Timbavati Private Nature Reserve. The aim is to keep the camp’s footprint as small as possible, so tents and equipment are set up as and when we have guests, after which everything is packed away again. The camp appeals to the kind of person who enjoys walking in the bush and camping with catering provided. We have a traverse area of more than 10 000 hectares and can sometimes go for 2-3 days without seeing other people!
The camp is all about the wilderness experience, being in the bush, no cell phones, no electricity. The Timbavati Trails Camp is situated on the dry Mashaton river bed, made famous by Chris McBride in his book The White Lions of Timbavati. Rustic, eco-friendly, unfenced and off-the-grid trails camp in the heart of the bush.
The area offers all the big game, plains game and a wide variety of different habitats, with big trees along the river beds, knobthorn and marula savanna, and large sodic soil areas scattered with guarri bushes. Daily schedules are totally flexible – this is what we do! Interpretive walks in the morning of 3-4 hours in length and lovely afternoon and sunset bumbles including periods with the spotlight searching for some of the more elusive nocturnal creatures.
The focal point of our camp is the campfire. This will be the place to listen to the night sounds, regale stories and enjoy the privilege of being in a mobile bush camp in the middle of the Timbavati Private Nature Reserve. We trail animals and interpret their tracks and signs, revealing a world we are just not aware of in our city lives. This is a highlight of the experience. A quality experience in the bush, great moments with special people, an appreciation for nature is a necessity. These trails include moments of solitude, adrenalin, laughter and so much fun!
Dates and Rates
- 3 or 4-night Trail offered year round
- Minimum 6 adults / Maximum 8 adults
- Minimum age limit 16 years
- Rate per person sharing, 8 adults on 3-night trail = ZAR 6 150.00
- Rate per person sharing, 6 adults on 3-night trail = ZAR 8 200.00
- Rate per person sharing, 8 adults on 4-night trail = ZAR 7 500.00
- Rate per person sharing, 6 adults on 4-night trail = ZAR 12 150.00
- Fully inclusive of tented accommodation, all meals, all activities, best location, best guides. Wilderness areas ideal for walking, encountering wildlife on foot, and top quality Big Five game viewing.